Monday, July 16, 2007

"Earn Money From Your Blog!" (or, Eventual Berfday Wishes)

Does anybody out there actually use Google AdSense with their blog, and do they find it's worth it? I'm just curious. It looks tempting every time I see that little Sign Up Now button.




My pump is buzzing away in my pocket, as if to say, FEEED ME. FEEED ME, Seymour! I am not a fan of the at-work site change, but I woke up a little late this morning, so I didn't have time to do it there. Guess I'll attend to that shortly.




I came to a realization this weekend. I think the anniversary of my diagnosis was sometime last week. It seems odd to me that I can't give you an exact date. So many of you with diabetes out there know the exact date, the time, and all the details of going to the hospital. When I was diagnosed, I was going into ketoacidosis. I was 8 years old, and I remember it must have been a weekday, because my parents whisked me off to my pediatrician because I couldn't breathe, and I remember being in his office. Then I remember being taken into the hospital, then it's fuzzy, then I remember staring at some dirty ceiling tiles while some doctors cut open my ankle to start an IV. I was dehydrated. My blood sugar was 700, I think. There are other things I can remember, but they are probably for a more serious post for a more serious time. Here's to more healthy d-anniversaries, and eventually, NO D-Anniversaries, because all this will be cured for all of us.


In the meantime, now the happy stuff! It's Nicole's birthday! Wish her a happy one if you know her! Many curious returns! And if any of you are wondering, I found this picture here. It's about what to do when you're a kid and someone in your family has diabetes.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember my diagnosis date either. So - I celebrate the entire month of April. When I hit the big three "O" with D, I'm going to have a big party or something. That will be in April of 2010. Mark your calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear McDeathblow... xoxoxo N

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!