Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day

I'm not a mother. Not even close to being a mother...that's years away from now.

But I wanted to take a moment today to say Happy Mothers' Day to all the moms of the Diabetes OC.

I wish there were d-blogs when I was first diagnosed so my mom could have had more support...

I'm glad that some of you are moms WITH diabetes, because for so long, the thinking was that women with diabetes shouldn't have kids. You helped prove everyone wrong, and now I hope that someday I can lock down my own control enough to have my own.

So thanks, Moms. I don't think anyone could do it without you.

(And to my own mom, even though I don't think she'll read this, sorry about all the worry I've ever caused you by eating too much dessert or not writing down enough of my blood sugars. You're always that voice in the back of my head...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!