Monday, October 27, 2008

NaDoFiMo 2008

You may look at the title and think, "What the eff, Hannah?"

I shall explain! Don't worry!

It's scary how November is almost upon us. Where the heck does the time go, anyway? Mine has been draining into some extra hours at work and lots of time getting our new house set up. We are still pretty far from looking organized, but we make a little progress each day. Maybe if we weren't all so freakin' exhausted when coming home from work each day...anyway. I feel I've been neglecting the blogging life lately, and it's not sitting well with me. Something must be done. But what?

Then I realize...November is almost upon us! And if you are a writer around the internet, you know what this brings:

NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. Every year several thousand crazies from all over attempt to write 50,000 words in just 3o days. That's 175 pages, people! Is that a lot to do? Would I be crazy to take on the challenge? I've got a lot to say, and a lot of fictional ideas. I actually used to write fiction a lot more frequently than I do now. I am majorly considering NaNoWriMo this year, even though I've never done it before.

Many of you will remember doing NaBloPoMo last year in November. Somehow, National Blog Posting Month has expanded to something EVERY month. In my mind, that seems like it's a bit besides the point, and not exactly what NaBloPoMo should really be about. However, I think I may take on the challenge of one blog post a day for every day of November again. November is a great time to do it, especially here on the Diabetes OC, since it's National Diabetes Awareness Month, and World Diabetes Day occurs on November 14th.

So I think I'm a definite yes on the Blog Posting Month, definite maybe on the Novel Writing.

But here's a question for any and all of you out there: What do you, the readers, want me to talk about at some point during the month of November? I want some suggestions! Some writing prompts! Anything at all!

I am tired to being a blog slacker. Help me get out of the rut.

It's time for Hannah's NaDoFiMo, which stands for National Do Fings Month. "Do Fings!" is a phrase we throw around our household pretty frequently, meaning "Do things!", which depending on the context can have a variety of emotions behind it. The rest is up to your imagination. I can't explain away every last one of my inside jokes, can I? I don't really think so.

Oh, and for anyone out there who cares...GOOO PHILLIES!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much help, but just wanted to add, Go Phillies!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!