Monday, October 13, 2008

Food, Glorious Food!

I kind of started unpacking our kitchen this evening. I didn't get far, but Matt made some tasty burgers on the grill. I decided then to do this food meme, which I found from this curious girl that I know...

1. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled, fried, over medium, sunny side up, and especially deviled, ESPECIALLY especially if my mom made them. Yum. My mother makes the world's most amazing deviled eggs.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
Coffee--with Splenda, preferably lots of half and half
Tea--with some Splenda, unless it's at a nice Japanese restaurant. Or unless it's chai, which I just take however it's fixed for me.

3. Favorite breakfast food:
All of them, preferably more than one at a time. Eggs and bacon. Bagels and cream cheese. A bowl of cereal and orange juice.

4. Peanut butter:
They're all good--I prefer creamy, though, but I loooove peanut butter so it doesn't matter that much. Also, Nutella is a delicious and dangerous substance.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
Ranch, a flavorful balsamic vinegrette, or some sort of Asian Sesame.

6. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet Dr. Pepper!

7. You’re feeling lazy. What do you make?
A box of Kraft mac-n-cheese.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Pepperoni and mushroom.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Baked ziti, or chicken with green beans and Stove Top stuffing. Maybe some cheese enchiladas or a nice stir-fry with Sezchuan sauce.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
Homemade raviolis. Pretzels. Teaberry ice cream. Home-brewed iced tea.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Not really. Maybe egg salad occasionally, as I got some food poisoning after eating it in college once.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
BACON! Nigel claims he does not have a bacon obsession, but he's got a bacon obsession. And beer reminds me of Matt because once he started homebrewing, he became a beer snob.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Peas by themselves as a side dish. I can eat them mixed into stews, casseroles, soups, etc., but I just kind of hate peas. Lima beans.

14. What was your favorite food as a child?
My mom's homemade macaroni and cheese.

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
I never ate macaroni salad or potato salad when I was a kid. I didn't like mayo. Now I do.

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
Apparently, I really enjoyed peas when I was really, really little.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Fruits: Apples, oranges, grapes, grapefruit, pineapple, plums, most all fruit, actually. I'm not crazy about kiwis, but they're okay.

Veggies: Baby carrots, broccoli, green beans, well-prepared fresh asparagus

18. Favorite junk food:
Tastykake Kandy Kakes. Pringles. Cheese balls.

19. Favorite between meal snack:
A bowl of cereal!

20. Do you have any weird food habits?
I like to eat one thing on my plate at a time. I eat all the way around an apple sort of removing the skin, then I eat the rest.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
Water. Fruit. Whole grain bread. Tea.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like?
Ice cream ice cream ice cream. And cookies.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
Fairly mild. I like tasting all the flavors, not just the hot ones.

24. Can I get you a drink?
Please.

25. Red or White Wine?
Depends on my mood or the dinner.

26. Favorite dessert?
Cheesecake!

27. The perfect nightcap?
One with alcohol, please. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!