Friday, August 24, 2007

Back in the [Symlin] Saddle Again

Symlin is still so far, so good. Numbers are coming down, but not too abruptly, amazingly.

The thing I dislike the most about Symlin is that you can be really hungry before a meal, but then you have to plan for the fact that you are going to want to stop eating about halfway through your lunch. It's especially bad when you eat like I do--all of one thing at a time. 3/4 of the way through the sandwich, I realized I was filling up, and probably wouldn't be able to handle any of the chips...which I had already bolused for. It's disappointing at times. You think, "Oh man, I was really looking forward to eating that!" Then you fight with your own willpower to decide whether to just stop, or to venture guiltily forward, knowing you will probably end up feeling like poo because you ate too much.

Things seem to be fairly steady, though. I probably underestimated how many carbs were in that big ol' hamburger bun, so I'm not bottoming out at the moment.

I'm not going to beat myself up over it. This Symlin thing is a learning experience. A learning experience that brought me a pre-lunch reading of 106 mg/dl. Niiice.

Let's hope this is the start of an excellent weekend. We have townhouse-hunting on the agenda. Yes, it's actually time to start thinking about moving. Time to remember that yes, I am, indeed, a grown-up!

On that note, I think I'll play some Xbox 360 when I get home. We have a new demo for BioShock which I haven't even seen yet!

Peace out, fellow dorks!

1 comment:

  1. My doctor wants me to try symlin and no problem with that ! Are you starting to loose any weight ? I switch to Apidra insulin lost a few pounds then it came right back grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!