Friday, February 9, 2007

More Great News.

I hate the American insurance system. If you live in another country where there is universal healthcare, you don't know how fortunate you are.

My old insurance company never sent a letter of pre-existing condition to my new insurance company. My guess is this will only set back my referral EVEN longer, making it even longer until I get my pump supplies, and I had to re-reschedule my appointment with Nancy the NP.

At least going to see my PCP has nothing to do with my pre-existing condition, so I'm covered for the visit I'm making to them today. Kind of an icky problem, probably not fit for public consumption. Once I get a diagnosis and have a nicer name for it, I'll tell you about it.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH this is not a good way to start the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh yes, pre-existing and coverage continuity. That whole thing pisses me off. Why is it that only those folks blessed with continuous coverage since like, birth, actually qualify for having what they really need covered, covered. This happened with my insurance a bit over a year ago. Switching from one insurance to another as you switch jobs is a humongous pain, as seriously, who can afford like 1100 a nonth for COBRA coverage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer.

    I actually thought you had some good news to share.

    I hope your insurance woes work themselves out.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!