Friday, January 13, 2012

Greetings from Virustown

Oh my gosh, you guys.

I am sick.

I have been sick since last Thursday, when all of this was just a baby sore throat.

It went on to develop into a post-nasal-drippy, sniffly, coughy, are-my-tonsils-swelling? kind of horrible week. 

Other co-workers have been sick too, but they all seem to be bouncing back a lot more quickly.  Clearly nobody else has what I've got, which seems to be the HellVirus. 

Waking up three different times this week in the middle of the night to cry because my throat hurt so badly that the pain radiated into my teeth and my ears?  Oh yeah, I've been there. 

Having a non-stop sticky mouth so that I'm not sure whether my blood sugar is normal or skyrocketing?  Yep, I'm there. 

Going to the doctor again today just to make sure I don't have ebola or mad cow or something?  Guilty as charged.

Photo from Nintendo.com
Anybody else out there suffering the woes of winter illness this week?  Anybody else ill-advisedly checking symptoms on WebMD and thinking they have either a hidden dental abscess or mono or the bird flu?  

I have popped so many Advil that I am pretty sure next week I will be popping Pepcid to fix my stomach.  It's happened before.  I'm picturing my immune system playing Dr. Mario on the hard levels.  It's that kind of a day.  Let's hope all the pill colors get matched correctly. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh ick! I hope you feel better soon. It's not fun to be miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!