Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not THAT Kind of Symlin Pen

I work for a university. One of our admissions advisors recently met with a new student who used to work in either pharma or pharma advertising. She commented that she liked his pen, and he mentioned he had a ton of them. He'd be happy to bring her some extras. A few days later, the student returned with a freezer bag filled with pens from various prescription brands.

I have been writing with this ever since:

Why do pharmaceutical reps always have the nicest pens? I made sure to pick and choose carefully--wouldn't want to hand someone a Levitra pen to do their application paperwork at the front desk. Mostly I picked anti-depressant pens like Cymbalta and Zoloft, but when I saw this little guy, I knew I had to have him. Seriously, the marketing interest is kind of wasted on me, but wow, if these aren't all really nice pens! Heavy, shiny, smooth. Ignore that ad on the side and they're perfect.

Funny, when I was last trying Symlin, I never managed to get the pen. I stuck with the vial and needles. Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something? It's far less useful if I try to jam this Symlin pen into my abdomen, but it does make me smile in some odd way as I scribble out Post-It note reminders to myself and sign off on transcripts. I only wish there were some insulin pens in that bag too. Ah well. Back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Trade you for a real Symlin pen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of makes you wonder -- why don't pharma reps give those away to users? (Yeah, I know...because they deal in boxcar lots...)

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!