So both Jillian and Ashley really wanted to see what I'd do with this meme, so here goes (and now Kelly, too)...
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird, random, facts, habits and goals.
1. While my own blog posts may not be grammatically perfect, I am a stickler for good grammar basics. My pet peeves are unnecessary quotation marks and misused apostrophes. (For example, "The book is your's" instead of "yours"; or "2 Bagel's for $1"--plurals don't need apostrophes!!)
2. I was in band and choir all through high school. I sang alto and played clarinet. In high school, I was in a selective co-ed choral ensemble at my school, and I also sang in the advanced-level chorus. Friends of mine from chorus in high school are now music teachers, opera singers and professional musicians! I even was in choir for a couple of semesters of college. I believe I inherited my late Grandma's musical talents, because goodness knows my parents can't sing!
3. I like taking pictures. I don't have a lot of formal photographic training, but I think I can compose a shot pretty well. Lots of friends give me compliments. Here, take this for example...
4. I love diner food. (Oh really? You ask, tsk tsk-ing because I mentioned that my cholesterol is high...whatever.) I just love going to diners in general. I think Guy Fieri from the Food Network has a great job because he gets to go around the country and eat at all the delicious dives the US has to offer.
5. Some women may prefer macho muscle men, but I like sensitive skinny boys. Frequently ones in glasses, but mostly I just like them fairly well-dressed.
6. In college, my roommate and I had a radio show that we called "The Two Dorks on the Radio". She graduated a year ahead of me, so the next year, I was "One Lonely Dork on the Radio". I also was the permanent guest co-host of my good friend Ryan's radio show. I remember one time breaking down into a ridiculous giggle fit reading entertainment news for Ryan because I was completely taken aback that JAG was still on TV airing new episodes.
7. Actually, speaking of Ryan, I think there were one or two people we worked with at the radio station who thought we were dating. While we were pretty much best friends and partners in crime, no dating or even making out actually occurred. Hugs, certainly, but Ryan's like a brother to me. We ate cereal together at dinner, discussed our latest writing projects, and tried [sometimes in vain] to make sense of Ryan's love life.
8. I'd love to do some freelance writing. If anybody has any advice on how to break into it, feel free to send it my way!
9. My stuff is still not completely unpacked from the move back in October. We have boxes and boxes that are still loaded. Opened, yes, but still full of stuff. Now that I'll be getting a job, we can finally afford furniture to put everything in! Hooray for bookshelves and dressers!
10. I love mojitos. They are both tasty and delicious. I also like margaritas, cosmopolitans, and appletinis. Mmm, fruity drinks. Umbrellas are optional, but generally fun.
I'm tagging Amylia and Beth, as I figure most everyone else has been tagged at this point. If you haven't been tagged, feel free to say that I tagged you! ;)