It snowed here last night. It may also ice over later on, but for now the snow plow is scraping up the parking lot, making it possible for Nigel and I to go obtain lunch. Nigel decided not to drive to Delaware today, but Matt went off to work up in Coopersburg, which is about 40 minutes north of here. I was a bit worried, but I'm sure he made it okay. I'm sure if he got stuck along the road someplace, he would have called by now. But hey, thank God it's Friday, and thank God it's payday. We need some groceries in our kitchen like nobody's business! Anywho, here's that "Crazy 8s" meme that everybody's been doing.
8 Things I’m Passionate About.
1. Writing--this blog, poems, fiction, hopefully some pieces relating to a future job?
2. My friends & fam, especially friends who are more like family.
4. Always keeping an open mind.
5. Getting healthier.
6. Reading all manner of things.
7. Always having fun, whether I'm playing a video game or laughing with my husband over something completely ridiculous.
8. My marriage!
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.
1. Have kids.
3. Drive a fancy sports car!
4. Get published, whether it be a book, a magazine, or a blog--just something that isn't SELF-published.
5. Get a cure for diabetes, though I'd settle for a closed-loop system.
6. Have grandkids.
7. Take up some kind of craft, whether it's crocheting, sewing, pottery, art, or cooking...
8. Make a difference. (<- I copied this list from Kerri, and I'm totally not changing this answer!)
8 Things I Say Often.
1. "Hey boo..."
2. "You're a kitty!" (Followed by head scritches for said kitty.)
3. "I'm hungry."
5. "No, you can't have more kibbles until you finish what's in your bowl." (I spend a lot of time at home with the cat, since I don't yet have a job, can you tell?)
6. "Do fings!"
7. "Pwned!" (pronounced like "owned" with a "p" at the beginning, for those of you non-geeks out there.)
8. "I love you." or, alternately, if you're the cat, "I wuv you, yes I do, kittykittykittykitty, who's a good kitty?"
8 Books I’ve Read Recently.
1. One Mississippi by Mark Childress
2. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
3. Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield
4. Rumspringa: To Be or Not To Be Amish by...umm...I forget who wrote it.
5. The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner
6. Jack of Fables, vol. 1 by...umm, I am also not sure. It's a collected series of comic books.
7. The Ultimate Job Seeker's Guide (I really don't care who wrote it, I'm just looking to write a better cover letter and to have some interview tips.)
8. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Some of these books I am currently reading (1 & 8), some I've read over the past couple of months. I go to the library pretty frequently, and I'm always checking out a lot of books. Some of them I only end up skimming. Oh crap, I am now realizing there is a stray library book in the bathroom that needs returned!
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over. (Author's Note: at least, my votes for this week's songs...)
1. Capturing Moods - Rilo Kiley
2. Extraordinary Machine - Fiona Apple
3. The Future Freaks Me Out - Motion City Soundtrack
4. Antennas - Rancid
5. Say It Ain't So - Weezer
6. Rise Up with Fists!! - Jenny Lews and the Watson Twins
7. The Sporting Life - The Decemberists
8. Paranoiaattack - The Faint
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends.
1. Sense of humor
3. They're there for me through thick and thin.
4. They accept me, quirks and all.
5. They're fun-loving and fun to be around.
6. They at least have marginally similar tastes in movies, music, culture...something that I like.
7. They're open-minded, resilient, flexible, at least a little spontaneous.
8. They're more like family whom I was lucky enough to choose.
People I Think Should Do Crazy 8s.
1. Anybody who hasn't done it yet.