Monday, December 10, 2007

It's That Time of Year Again!

So is anyone else finally getting excited for the holidays? It's definitely taken me a while, probably due to the move.

However, a trip to Target with Matt yesterday made me giddy for Christmas gifts, both giving and receiving. A copy of Ken Burns' The War hardcover book for my father-in-law was only $35 instead of $50! We got a mini-stocking and some Christmas mice for Sadako! And some awesome little treasures for Nigel (who might read this, so no spoilers here). Plus, several ideas for what I actually want.

Yet, I wish for things that I won't have until I have a new job, like a savings account. I wish for a job. I wish for furniture to finally make this house a home. I wish for some new friends so I don't have to spend my jobless days at home alone. I wish for insulin that the insurance company doesn't try to limit. I wish for boxes of pump supplies that I don't have to pay for, good blood sugars, and for 10 pounds of me to suddenly disappear.

I'll be satisfied with whatever I get for the holidays. I'm pretty easy to please.

And I plan on some baking. Maybe not a mass amount of cookies or anything, but lately I've been in the mood to bake. I blame the season. This week, I think I'll be making muffins. Next week, who knows? Last week, I made a cake, then was momentarily taken aback because Matt and Nigel both asked, "We don't have any icing, do we?"

I have spent so many years not caring if my cake has icing or not, I didn't even give it a second thought. Sorry boys. Welcome to the world of Baking with Diabetes.

What are you excited for this holiday? What are you wishing for?

2 comments:

  1. I am a bah humbug type of person, but it is good to admit that I'm excited about a few things -
    --seeing my niece Emily open up her gift from me - fleece lined Crocs that I had to fight a lady for at Macy's
    --our family being together, including my elderly mother, who was very ill last year at Xmas
    --our Secret Santa party at work - always a lot of fun and fellowship
    --and, once the holidays are over, marching into a brand new year with a clean slate full of possibilities!

    Happy Holidays, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be able to help with a bottle of Novolog, Hannah - and I have some Cozmo pump supplies I could spare. Not a lot, but some.

    Let me know if you you're interested.

    xo, N

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!