Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just 5 more! And other numbers.

5 more posts, and I reach 100 posts. What? I don't believe it.

190 = number post-workout today.

1 = number of workouts so far this week, but I plan on 2 more.

140 = number post-workout today.

2 = number of pills taken today thus far, as well as the number of Symlin shots today thus far.

6 = number of recruiters who have called me in regards to my resume.

0 = number of calls I've returned thus far. Having worked in the recruiting industry before, I know not all of these people are going to have the job I'm looking for, let alone ACTUALLY have a job at all. Sometimes they have a job that might be coming up, but it never goes through. Some people are just calling me because I have administrative experience, so they're actually looking for a secretary or an admin assistant, which, in general business definitions, I am NOT. Sure, I can type letters and correspondence, and I can learn just about anything I need to do, but I know very little about Excel, databases, or making travel arrangements. I'm keeping tabs on who calls me and where they're from, then I check out their companies online and make a decision. I'll have some calls to make tomorrow.

0 = also, the number of minutes I have left to keep typing this entry. Matt is tapping his foot, waiting for me to go change clothes so we can go to his co-worker's house for dinner. It's a cooking party, everybody is making something at this person's house. It's a Mediterranean theme dinner, and Matt signed us on to make spinach pie. I have NO experience with phyllo dough or fresh spinach. This should be an adventure. My husband is hoping I'll go change clothes now so we can leave. I guess I'll be nice to him. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I'm curious how your spinach pie went. I LOVE spinach pie.

    Hope you find the right job for yourself, and that you don't have to waste too much energy on the wrong fits!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!