Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Did It! (Or, an update on the last post regarding moving and stuff)

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Dorkabetic readers...lend me your ears eyes.  I have a new home!  A lovely little rental in what so far seems to be a friendly neighborhood in Philadelphia proper. 

It's only been about a week or so.  We're still settling in.  There's some furniture yet to be rebuilt, and there's definitely a lot of boxes still unopened.  We're getting there.  When I have a housewarming, some of you are going to be on my first-to-know list!

Am I really ready for this?  Am I crazy for moving to the city at 31 just to see what happens?  The answers are, in this order: I think so...and no, I'm not crazy.  I've never done most things in a normal way.  Why start being normal now? 

In another update, my T:Slim is here, and I'll be trained on May 29th.  I can't wait to be beeping and booping my way through life with a fancy touchscreen robot pancreas!

There's not much more time to catch up right now.  I have yet to have FiOS moved to my house so internet at home is sparse (read: 3G wireless).  But I'm there!  I'm in the city!  I'm just like a married Mary Tyler Moore!  I'm Gonna Make It After All! 

That's a lot of exclamation points there, folks.  I'm running on caffeine and adrenaline today.  Go easy on me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Hannah! Philly is such a great city to live in (I lived in the 'burbs, but I still love Philly). I have little doubt you'll find it awesome living in town with most everything so nearby, plus transit in and around Philly is great, too! Keep us posted once you settle in.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!