Friday, November 18, 2011

Funky Friday, Get Down (and maybe a little dirty)

I am itching to get out of the office today.  It's pretty out and sunny, if a little cold, and I have homework to do for my online class, but don't you ever get that feeling that you just need to run outside and play? 

It's a good day for dancing.  I love dancing.  I've had no formal lessons (yet), and I just like getting down. Normally, I am an indie rock type girl, but oh the dance songs.  Since it's Friday, and we're on the subject of random things, here are some random songs that make me dance.  And they also kinda make me laugh.  Enjoy, and dance a little bit for me, will ya? 

1.  Adam Lambert -- "For Your Entertainment":  I heard Adam was an excellent guest judge on Project Runway this year.  I like him for his guyliner and his willingness to kiss boys onstage. 

2.  Cazwell -- "Ice Cream Truck":  PROBABLY NOT FOR THE YOUNG KIDS OUT THERE.  The rest of you, well, I hope you like gyrating men with popsicles and a bit of butt.  Remember, this is not a post about having a good song, this is about smiling and dancing.
3.  Deee-Lite -- "Groove is in the Heart":  I remember dancing to this when I was a kid.  I had some regular routines worked out in those days.  I also wore out some Paula Abdul tapes.  I'm just sayin'.  This is in one of the 'Just Dance' video games, and whether you dance along or not, if you can make it through the whole song you will work up a sweat.
4.  Lady Gaga -- "Born This Way":  I don't really need to explain, do I?  Why do I do these crazy, geeky, silly things I do?  Why am I passionate about the things I like?  [Other questions that are more private.] Baby, I was born this way!
5.  Scissor Sisters -- "Any Which Way":  Okay, yes, there is a bit of a gay disco theme to this whole set of songs.  I blame you, David.  That's right.  You.  I bet you won't even read this.  I love Jake Shears and Ana Matronic.  And this video's tongue, which is planted directly in its cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!