Friday, November 5, 2010

Freaky Friday: Weird BGs and More

1.  Lately, I've been going to bed with high numbers, correcting, and thankfully waking up with normal numbers.  The only problem is I keep waking up thirsty!  I often wake up panicked that I've pulled out my infusion set during the night.  Sometimes I suspect that my correction bolus didn't work at all!  I went to bed at 300 mg/dl, so where the hell am I at now?  The same?  HIGHER?  Every time I test, it's like...163.  Or 132.  Slightly elevated, but so much better than what I went to sleep with.  Oh well, at least the corrections are working.

2.  Maybe some of the corrections are working a little too well.  I found myself at 253 mg/dl as I arrived at work this morning.  I blame last night's Chinese food.  Anyway.  I correct and go about my morning at work, which is relatively inactive.  The biggest workout I had this morning was flexing my right arm and bending my wrist to get the jammed paper out of the copier.  Around 1:00pm, I start to feel it.  The shaking, coupled with the hunger that says "Feed me, Seymour!  Feed me now!"  Test my blood.  72.  Low for me, and this is even after I had dove into the leftover Halloween candy dish without bolusing for that fun size Butterfinger.  Luckily, there were two mini boxes of Milk Duds with four Milk Duds each.  They hit the spot and brought me up relatively quickly.  Back to work I went.

3.  I kinda poured my heart out last night in my post.  I hope you had a chance to read it.  It's not often these days that I get to spill my guts and have it not be slightly diabetes-related.  Unadulterated joy and emotion can so easily make us forget our troubles and forgive our faults.  There are a number of fairly devout bloggers out there, but these days, it seems that music is my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!