Friday, August 27, 2010

Free Verse Friday, Back to School Edition!

Taylor Mali has been called many things by many people in the spoken word poetry scene, some not-so-flattering; however, he is a good performer. It's that time of the year when kids are headed back to school, and my friends who are teachers are going back to work. I've never been sure that I have the patience to teach, and I admire anyone who does.

This is one of Taylor Mali's signature pieces, and it's been around for quite some time. Sometimes this also causes some animosity in the spoken word community because he just won't retire the poem as a performance piece. I admire him for this, actually, and I admire that he has a piece he is still proud to call his own, years after he first performed it.

Without further ado, I present, from a video on YouTube, "What Teachers Make". Note to Taylor Mali--if you ever find and read this post, I assume you will be correcting my grammar.

<3 Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!