Thursday, October 1, 2009

No D-Day!

So my good buddy George has declared today to be No D-Day. Believe it or not, it's harder than you'd think to NOT blog about...well, you know. Probably because I've been a bit of an absentee blogger lately. Actually, for a long time now, I think. It's not exactly something I'm proud of, as I love writing and blogging. I love the connections I form with people by doing my bloggity blog blog blog. BLOG!

Sorry, I get carried away at the repeated appearance of the word blog. I think I've mentioned this in the past.

Perhaps I shall discuss a little more about why I haven't been blogging lately: I'm tired. I'm not tired of blogging, nor am I tired of blogging about that-which-will-not-be-named-today. I'm just exhausted sometimes. My work days are busy, chock full of activities and most recently have not allowed me a lot of downtime to hop online, Twitter, blog, chat, whatever. There are friends I probably haven't had a decent conversation with in over a month because our online schedules just don't sync up anymore.

By the time I get home at night, I have the energy to eat dinner, watch TV, maybe do some reading, play some video games. But not always. I've been going home and vegging out, physically and mentally sometimes.

In between that, I've also been busy with some new friends of mine, and of course, the old friends too. Even Matt has been busy with projects at work and twice-weekly band practices until they've played both of their shows this month.

But if I had to pick 3 adjectives to describe me these days, they almost seem counter-productive, because the adjectives would be: exhausted, stressed-out, and content. Overall, I'm really happy about a lot of things in my life. For all the tiredness and strain I have regarding my work and all of that *grumble grumble*-betes stuff, I still really like my job and the people I work with. I'm constantly trying to get better, do better, be better.

It's just not easy, and I can accept that. I can't believe it's October already. I also can't believe I've been married for 3 years already. Or that this blog is over 3 years old!

As the beloved Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." So I've been looking at life a lot, and neglecting the blog. I'm hoping that's going to change, because while I haven't been missing out on life, I've been missing all of you guys!

Full blogspeed ahead!

Blog blog bloggity blog blog bloggy blog bloggle blog blog...oh good gravy, somebody stop me...blog blog blogggggggg...

2 comments:

  1. Those are all great reasons not to blog.

    And I too love the connections I have made because of the biggity blizzogg! WTF that means! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be seeing you a mere WEEK from today!

    I am totally excited! Are you excited? You had better be EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!