Monday, October 8, 2007

Comfortable, Indeed.

We signed the lease on Saturday! We signed the lease on Saturday!


Our new place is so great, and I feel like I can say that with confidence. Granted, our visit on Saturday made me realize it might need a bit of dusting and maybe some Windex, but that's easy cleaning. I am hoping our great find does not turn out to be like my best friend CJ's last great housing find...she now refers to her place as the House of Usher. Eegh.


My main complaint are the MONSTER speed bumps surrounding the development. We bottomed out twice in Matt's Honda Accord...not exactly a low rider. Note to self, even though the road is crapper toward the left of the circle, the speed bumps are smaller. I think the pavement will attempt to sheer off the entire bottom of my Saturn.


In terms of proximity to things, it's hard to beat our new home. Two grocery stores, one less than five minutes away, one just about 5 minutes away. A library 5 minutes in a different direction. Ultra-Mega-Shopping 15 minutes away. Not to mention it's probably only a mile or two to the Kitty Cottage. Yes, that's a cottage full of kitties for those of you who are keeping score--cute, adoptable kitties. Too bad Sadako is not interested in a playmate. If I can't find a job fast enough, I may just end up volunteering there.

Matt had a busy first day at his job, and my heart went out to him because he had to return to a hot home to sleep on the floor. Since yesterday was Columbus Day, the electric company couldn't make it out to switch everything on. Hopefully tonight my poor hubby will have air conditioning, ceiling fans, hot water and microwaving capabilities. In the meantime, he's been holed up with candles and a flashlight. I keep asking him to introduce himself to the neighbors so they don't suspect he's a squatter.

So much packing to be done. We're not even going to talk about that.

What I am going to talk about is Symlin! I love it! Well, when it's not suddenly causing my blood sugar to plummet mid-morning, I love it. 63 this morning post-breakfast...38 yesterday. Not good! Well, good because it's working, but you know what I mean. One last visit with Nancy the NP tomorrow should hopefully give me a little insight. Unfortunately, my logging is lagging because of all the moving. I should think the numbers themselves should give a fairly decent insight, though.

I still can't believe I have to uproot my routines and go find a brand new diabetes care team. My new place also seems to be about 15 minutes away from 3 different endocrinologists. Sounds good to me. And let's not even talk about the seemingly re-donk-ulous number of dentists surrounding my neighborhood. Seriously 15 differently places to get my teeth cleaned. I'm overdue for that. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Time to go call Budget rent-a-truck and arrange to pick up boxes. Any helpful packing tips would be appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move, and good luck with your endocrinologist search. At least they're close! My closest endo is almost 2 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is FUN and a lot of work - but mostly FUN. I love moving , meeting new people, discovering a new place. It is so exciting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah - Email me when you can. I have news to share and stuff... Talk to you soon.

    Yay new house!!! Yay good things!!! Yay Symlin (but only if you can knock out the lows)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Hannah, on your move and the new home and the convenience of the area (though living without electricity for even one day lets us know how convenient life is, more or less, these days, with such nice things as A/C, lights, fans, a bed, etc! :)

    I'm happy you're happy! Don't get too overwhelmed with the packing and unpacking--just do one area of a room at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah - may you have wonderful days ahead in your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!