Monday, September 24, 2007

I Did It!

I gave my boss my notice. I didn't even cry that much. Three weeks from now, I will be pretty much unemployed, and moving off to a spiffy new place in Pennsylvania.

I am excited and apprehensive all at the same time. Delaware has been my home for the past 3 years, and I was finally feeling used to everything here. Time to head off and start all over again. This is when the hopefulness comes in--hopes that my next job will be even better, that I can find more friends, that things will work out better than they ever have before.

Of course, until then, Matt, Nigel and I have to figure out how to pack everything, who's going to move it (us? a company?), address changes, moving our cable/internet services, getting rid of stuff we won't need, etc. etc. etc. Plus, we are still not 100% sure where we'll be living yet. We are mailing an application to our favorite place today, so that they can get it tomorrow. We think we'll know by the end of the week.

But I did it. I gave my three weeks' notice. The worst is over.

On an unrelated note, Blogabetes over at dLife is giving me grief. I login to the website, I read some posts, and I want to comment, but every time I go from the main page to the Blogabetes page, I get logged out! It also doesn't help if I start from the Blogabetes page or a particular blog entry. I'm looking at you, Kerri. Heehee. "HALP!" as the LOLcats say.

5 comments:

  1. I had the same trouble at Blogabetes. It wouldn't allow me to leave a comment any way I tried.

    Congrats on giving notice. See? Doesn't that feel better? Good for you! Rooting for you, always.
    Amylia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on it! Give me just a bit more time. :)

    Thanks for letting me know, Hannah. And congrats on giving your notice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, are you on IM? If so, can you ping me? I'm Jetta11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is hard but like you said, the worst is over!

    Good luck with getting the place you want!!!

    Okay, are you still gaming because I need to talk to you about a game I think I am planning on getting totally hooked on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you did OK with giving notice... :)

    Hope everything else goes as well.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!