Thursday, September 27, 2007

"1, 2, 3, 4, Tell Me That You Love Me More..."

You've seen the new iPod nano ads, right? The girl singing the song is Feist, and if that whole album sounds like that, I think I'm going to have to buy it. But the counting brings me around to my point. Oh, the numbers.

Last week things seemed pretty good with a couple of spikes, and even a couple of drops, but mostly even. This week, forget it.

Yesterday:
07:25AM Sugar 141 mg/dL
10:20AM Sugar 65 mg/dL
01:05PM Sugar 329 mg/dL
06:22PM Sugar 323 mg/dL

Today, So Far:
12:30AM Sugar 366 mg/dL
07:31AM Sugar 199 mg/dL
10:23AM Sugar 115 mg/dL
12:03PM Sugar 82 mg/dL

Okay, yes, falling steadily, but now I'm expecting a spike after lunch. How much of one, I'm not sure, and hopefully it won't last ALL NIGHT like yesteday. Yuck-o.

Thanks to that low an hour ago, I'm hungry. I should get some lunch. I treated the low with a very very nasty-tasting glucose tab. I think I must have had 2 ancient tabs in the bottom of my purse-sized tube, and I just put a bunch of fresh ones on top. The tab I ate tasted like old plastic, and not at all like a Smartie, the way it usually tastes.

Still waiting to hear about our house. Still wondering what kind of job I'm going to find in our new hometown area. Still working on tweaking my blog layout...I made a couple of tiny changes, check 'em out.

And now, back to your daily numbers game.

6 comments:

  1. I don't have it, but I've heard very good things about the latest Feist release. She was/is in a band I like called Broken Social Scene. Good luck with those sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I hate when numbers are like that. Hate. It. :( Good luck getting back in line. One hour at a time, it is, some days.

    I'm going to have to check out the mu-sic.

    How is sugarstats working for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very compulsive about "rotating" my tabs to the top of the tube. They taste horrible enough without being old.
    (Sort of on the same list as flipping my futon.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Hello there = ) Stranger here just happened to google the phrase
    ""1, 2, 3, 4, Tell Me That You Love Me More...""
    and I found your blog.
    Instead of being the normal stranger and popping in somewhere and leaving just as quickly I thought why not tell this person Hello,
    so...
    Hello = )
    My wife and I practically scream in I love you's when the commercial with this song comes on.
    Any who
    Be Most Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...Feisty! Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your numbers are all akimbo--you'll get it back to a manageable size soon, I'm sure. I've been a bit out of range this weekend, as well.

    Good luck with all the unknowns--I'm sure they'll be answered in a beautiful manner soon enough.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Felicitats, valenta (catalan)

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!