Because I'm not sure what to write about right now...
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Wow, I'm more sunburned than I realized.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Absolutely none. Wait...there is exactly 50 cents in mixed change in my desk drawer. That's enough for a can of Diet Coke from our vending machine! Woo!
3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR?
4. Favorite planet?
The overall strangeness of Jupiter makes it my favorite.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Work, because I called myself, trying to find my phone in the bottomless pit of my purse.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
I think "Big Brat" by Phantom Planet, because it usually applies to most friends who call me..."yeah you're always up to no gooood!"
7. What shirt are you wearing?
An appropriate-for-work scoop-neck black tank top that I've had forever.
8. Do you label yourself?
I'm sure I do: wife, poet, writer, officemonkey...
9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing:
10. Bright or Dark Room?
Um, dark room? Picture-developing is fun, even if it smells bad.
11. Why is there always a missing question?
Because it's easy to accidentally delete stuff.
12. What does your watch look like?
It's got a thin red strap with a silver casing and a white & silver dial.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sitting in the living room, drinking some fruit punch and talking with the slam team.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say?
"I love you! Oh, have you checked out loljesus.wordpress.com yet?"
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Probably like 3 miles away from my apartment just next to route 273.
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
"Rad." "Apparently." "Fuck."
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
My hubby Matt, who also sent me the aforementioned text.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
Sadako. Our conversation?
Me: Oh, you're such a good kitty, except for when you're stinking up my clean laundry. Sadako: Mew!
Me: I know, kitty, you can't help it that you have a smelly cat butt. But quit rubbing it on every skirt I want to wear in the clothes basket!
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
I've popped pills (Altace, Atenolol, Wellbutrin, birth control, metformin) and shot up (insulin).
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
I'm sure there's at least 3.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
The current one isn't so bad. I can't think of a favorite, though. Every year packs in something great and something crappy.
22. Your worst enemy?
Myself. And maybe the health insurance industry. And maybe sometimes, diabetes.
23. What is your current desktop picture?
A shot from the webcomic Questionable Content
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"It automatically inflates and deflates."
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, what would it be?
A million bucks. It could do so much more. I can use money to help people. Flying would only really help me, and I'm not too fond of heights.
26. Do you like someone?
27. The last song you listened to?
I heard "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood on the radio this morning.
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What's your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
In Williamsport, PA with my parents. I was 5.
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
I'm jealous of people with functional pancreases, but I don't have any REAL jealousy towards anyone. That doesn't do any good.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Probably. I'm 25, married, I have a job I enjoy, I get to go to the National Poetry Slam...I'm sure I've got plenty to envy. But like I said, jealousy doesn't do any good, so people should get over it.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I heard the first news on my way to my 9am graphic communications class. When I got to the communications building, every available TV was on, and people were crowded around all of them. We didn't have class, but we sat and watched the ongoing coverage. My professor said that he couldn't imagine us doing anything else, because this was definitely something important. We watched the second plane hit. We watched the towers fall. We didn't make a sound.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Cuss. Give the machine a whack or a kick. Then either hope putting more money in will get me 2 items, get a refund, or just get out because I don't have time to worry about it.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
Always. Snarky and sassy, but kind.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Probably somewhere nobody would see it. I like tats, but I wouldn't want it to jeopardize my changes of getting a kickass job.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Japanese. I just think it's really fascinating. The same with Russian.
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yes. And this might not be a distant reality...
39. Are you touchy-feely?
40. What's your life motto?
I don't have one.
41. Name three things you have on you at all times:
insulin pump, glasses, wedding ring
42. What's your favorite town/city?
I've been to a lot of places that I like...Philadelphia, New York, Austin, Baltimore. I generally like the big cities, but I like small towns based on the people who live there. Good ol' Newark, DE isn't so bad either.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Food tickets yesterday at the Taste of Wilmington festival.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
A couple weeks ago I sent a letter to my life insurance guy.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
No, but I can TAKE the car to GET the oil changed. Haha.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
I think he was supposed to go to school in Philadelphia or something. This was years ago.
47. How far back do you know your ancestry?
On one side, pretty far, back to Olaf the Stout, the Viking infamous for his double row of teeth (yes, like a shark!). The other sides, not so much.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
If you're thinking REALLY fancy, when I got married in September 2006.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My legs are achy...I did a lot of walking this weekend.
50. Have you ever been burned by love?
51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers?
I don't know, but all these diabetics seem really sweet. Ha!
52. Where would you like to live?
Either in or just outside of a city that I really love, in a nice townhouse, and eventually, a real house.