Thursday, September 12, 2013

Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2013: I Choose to Be Bold.

Flawless selfie. Aww yeah.
I can get up on a stage and spill my guts.

I can put my original writings up to the judgement of random audience members.

I can blog candidly about living with diabetes.

I can pull off bright lipstick.

I can wear stripes even though I'm over a size 16.

I can confess to you that I wear over a size 16.

I can go out with no makeup.

I can use my skin as a canvas.

I can love whomever I choose.

I can crack jokes about having chronic illness.

I can make one hell of a baked ziti.

I can be an administrative assistant.

I can be a writer.

I can be an artist.

I can be a communications professional.

I can have friends across the massive spectrum of shapes, sizes, colors, orientations, tattoo patterns, hair colors, genders and sexualities, and they are all awesome.

I can hug with the best of 'em.

I can give myself an injection in a moving vehicle.

I can prick my finger and test my blood sugar at the table in the restaurant, because I'm prepared with a statement if somebody is uncomfortable.

I can often do better.

I can acknowledge that I'm only human.

I can live just as well, and possibly just as long, as someone without invisible illness.

I can do this on my own terms.

I choose to be bold.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smile! Stay BOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:29 PM

    You can do and be all of those things and still be whatever else you want to be...but being bold is the best.

    Betty Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an AWESOME post. You rock, Hannah!!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!