Monday, December 10, 2012

Just a short announcement.

I've been at this blogging thing for quite some time.  One of my longest-time followers and someone I consider a good friend, even though we've never met in real life, is George Simmons.

If you have not read his blog Ninjabetic, go check it out.  I like to think that I had a hand in helping him rename it from just 'The B.A.D. Blog' years ago, but I'm sure that's probably up to him to acknowledge.

George is a fun-loving, optimistic, musical dude.  I am hoping that maybe I can make it to FFL in 2013 and meet him (and a lot of other Diabetes Online Community friends) in person.

Why am I blogging about my favorite D-Ninja?  He's having some tough times lately.  I think he's a solid dude, and he will make it through.  But seriously--he's had to have emergency heart surgery, his sister has just undergone a double mastectomy, and his stepmother has passed away.  This has all been in less than the last two weeks or so. 

What does it say about this world, this universe, this life, that things can be going bad for one person at one time while another person seems to be celebrating nothing but victories?

If you know George, even if you don't know George, check out his blog and Twitter.  We all want the best for our friends and loved ones, and one of our own needs our support right now.  Sending tons of hugs and good vibes to California, my Ninja pal.

<3 br="br">

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post of support for G-Money. I know he appreciates it!

    Love ya, Hannah McD! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!