Tuesday, October 27, 2009

40 Odd Things: A Time-Wasting Oddity

Unsure what to blog about, but feeling the urge to blog, I have resorted to that time-honored tradition: the meme. I definitely copied this off of Lee Ann, because it was unusual and fun. Feel free to post your own if you haven't already. I think we all get a kick out of learning each others' trivia.

1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yes, especially crumbled on a salad with a good vinagrette, occasionally melted on a burger or steak, and of course, bleu cheese dressing is the tops with any Buffalo chicken items.


2. Have you ever smoked? Nope, though I am occasionally jealous of smokers because they are often allowed to take more breaks during the workday.


3. Do you own a gun? Only if squirt guns and Nerf weapons count.


4. Favorite type of Food? Type? What I'm in the mood for changes from day to day. I like comfort food, ethnic food, fried food, grilled food...food food food. It's too close to lunchtime for me to be thinking about so many kinds of food. I may end up eating a pencil.


5. Favorite type of music? I guess indie or alternative, though I don't really put much faith in actual genres of music anymore. I like too many kinds of music to pick one favorite type. How about "the good type"?


6. What do you think of hot dogs? I think they're pretty tasty once in a while. It's not like I eat them every day.


7. Favorite Christmas movie? I can't think of one offhand, but I'll tell you that WAY back in the day it was "Home Alone".


8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I like a really big cup of coffee, but recently I've been drinking diet sodas due to lack of a coffee machine at work.


9. Can you do push ups? If I can do any, I'm sure they're really terrible and sissy-looking.


10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring. It's still totally awesome and not too over-the-top.


11. Favorite hobby? Writing!


12. Do you have A. D. D.? Maybe mildly? I've never been diagnosed. I just think I need a lot of caffeine to function during the day. You know, like most people.


13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Glasses, since I was 5. If I take them off, I can see clearly to about six inches in front of my nose.


14. Middle name? Ellen.


15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I'm hungry, so I should probably get some lunch. My eye itches. I'll be glad when the construction is done at the office and all these extraneous noises go away.


16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Diet Soda, water, iced tea.


17. Current worry? What if things with my job don't improve and I get really unhappy with it?


18. Current hate right now? Hate is a really strong word, and I don't hate things or people strongly. But I do hate that we don't get our free coffee machines until our entire office suite is completed. Three more weeks...


19. Favorite place to be? Somewhere comfortable in the company of good friends and people that I love. (awwww.)


20. How did you bring in the new year? In Grandma and Grandpa McD's living room in Indiana with some drinks and TV.


21. Someplace you’d like to go? Back to Austin, TX for a bit. It's a cool town and all of the food was fantastic.


22. Name three people who will complete this. *points* You, you, aaaannnd you. That could be directed at anybody.


23. Do you own slippers? Yes I do, they're purple ballerina-type things.


24. What color shirt are you wearing? It's black with a pattern that is primarily royal blue, magenta and gray.


25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I've never tried it. They might be, uh, fun, for uh, certain things, but I'm not even sure I like wearing satin clothes, with the exception of undergarments.


26. Can you whistle? Indeed.


27. Where are you now? My desk.


28. Would you be a pirate? Do you mean as a career? Or just an outfit? Or a Ren Faire re-enactor? I would probably do the 2nd or even the 3rd.


29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Anything that strikes my fancy at the time, though nothing beats a good showertime showtune.


30. Favorite Girl’s Name? I like Nora, Grace, and Kate.


31. Favorite boy’s name? I like Ian, Seth, and Colin.


32. What is in your pocket right now? While I am wearing a skirt with pockets, they are currently empty.


33. Last thing that made you laugh? Something our IT guy said. But then again, everything makes me giggle, so it may not have even been that funny.


34. What vehicle do you drive? Presently, a Chevy HHR. It's my rental car while my actual car, a 2004 Mazda 6 wagon, is still at the body shop. The HHR as a whole isn't bad, but I miss my car.


35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Probably my broken middle finger which my dear friend Cari "fixed" for me. Yeowch.


36. Do you love where you live? Yes and no. The town where I live is pretty convenient, has great stuff in it, and I can walk to almost anything I need from my house. However, I do wish we were situated just a teensy bit closer to Philadelphia itself. I would appreciate an easier way to get onto 76 from where we live.


37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2, one we use, one that we haven't used in a while but still intend to hook back up.


38. How many computers do you have in your house? There are 2 which get used, Matt's desktop and my laptop. There may be a few others floating around in the basement, but they are old and may run Windows 98 or something like that.


39. If you changed your job, what would it be? I would love to write for a living. Or maybe even work at a library.


40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? (Assuming these all come free of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios...) A cure for diabetes, a lifetime of loaded Apple computers, and a career that I will always love.


1 comment:

  1. That was awesome. I love Meme's. They really do not get the love they deserve. You learn a lot about a person.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!