Friday, April 4, 2008

Things Don't Always Work Out, and That's Cool

I'll get the bad news out of the way. I didn't get the cool job I was hoping for, but my seeing awesome bands yesterday completely made up for it. It was truly the best concert I've been to in months.

Had a phone screen for another job today. Applied for two or three more. It's the weekend, and I'm not going to dwell on the bad stuff.

On the positives, after all the dancing, bouncing and bopping I did last night (3 bands' worth--over two, possibly three hours!), I woke up with a nice BG of 94! Yay! Speaking of bands, my hubby and my roommate are in one. They are playing again tonight, so it'll be nice to hang out/rock out with some friends. Here they are in action, almost a year ago. They've since added a second drummer for super-heaviness. Nigel's on the left, Matt's on the right, JW is the percussionist, or the guy in the middle, whichever you prefer.

Pre-Revolution: Mojo 13 5.5.07


Silly weekend pop quiz question: if you were going to start a diabetes-themed band, what would you name it, and what kind of music would you play? (And no, your answer cannot be 'The Jonas Brothers'!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:40 AM

    I'm sorry about the job... they're missing out on a great lady.

    I'll have to think about that pop quiiz and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!