Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Many Loves

So I was all, "Uhhhh I don't know what to post about today" until I read this post by Allison. I have decided to take on the challenge myself, so here it goes.

The rules: Make a list of your loves. The only catch? You can’t include a single person you know on your list. No “I love the way my husband laughs” or “I love hearing my little girl call for me.” It’ll be tough, I know. But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not his partner; not their mother/daughter/sister/friend) love.

I love reading. If I go into a bookstore, I love the smell of all the new books. If I go into a library, I love the fact that it somehow brings me comfort. Back in elementary school, I would sneak extra books in so I could read them in between classwork assignments, and sometimes I'd even read them when I should have been paying attention to other things, like, say, a math lesson. I'm still not so good at math. I love magazines, websites, blogs.

I love writing. I love opening up a brand new notebook and putting something on paper, and if I run out of inspiration, sometimes I can find new inspiration by starting in a fresh notebook. I love being able to keep this blog. I love knowing that my words alone can make a difference. I love it when a good story comes together. I love poems that make the audience laugh, think and then laugh again.

I love a good drive with the windows open and/or the top down on a sunny day, whether I'm driving or not. I love going to cities and people watching there. I love being able to feel the vibe of a place I'm visiting. I'm a terrible swimmer, but I love the water. Sitting or walking by it seems so peaceful and refreshing. I love the relaxed feeling I get in a pool or a hot tub. I love looking at waterfalls. I love the beach. Maybe it's all because I'm an Aquarius?

I love the arts. Sure, you know that I love writing and reading, but I love the theater, music, museums. I love when an image has an impact on me. I love the amped-up feeling I get after seeing a really great play or musical. I love concerts--the energy, the music, the prime people watching, the dancing.

I love cute animals. Petting cats makes me happy. If I have a crappy day, I love going to the pet store and looking at the animals. Puppies, kittens, bunnies, guinea pigs...they can improve my outlook somehow. I love the zoo, too!

I love a great glucose reading. I love watching a great movie or a TV show. I love a delicious dinner, or lunch, or breakfast. I love going to diners. I love cream chipped beef on toast, which is apparently somewhat of a regional favorite in Pennsylvania. I love playing video games, even if I suck at them. I love a really great-fitting pair of pants or a particularly flippy skirt. I love wearing makeup, even though I don't always do it regularly, and I especially love a bright, crazy eye color or lipstick shade, but not in combination unless there's an 80's theme party or something. I love the smell of vanilla. I love lime-flavored anything.

I love Scrabble and Spades. I love hugs and helping others. I love coffee and tea. I love diet soda. I love string cheese. I love to laugh. I love taking pictures that others compliment. I love zines, even though I've never made one myself. I still love swingsets and sock puppets and stuffed animals.

I love having a big brain, and I love using it. I love writing meme posts sometimes so the readership can learn more about what makes me tick. I love so much more than I can fit in this meme right now!

So...what do you love?

4 comments:

  1. This was great! Thanks for participating. I definitely love learning about my fellow bloggers outside of just diabetes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I told Allison, I loved this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was cool. It was so nice getting to know you better.

    I'm gonna have to try this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flipping awesome Hannah!
    I love it!
    k2

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!