Monday, April 28, 2008

Bumping My Own Stuff

Hey guys, I don't tend to cross-promote my own posts around here, but I made a post this weekend that I absolutely had a ball writing, and since I know a lot of folks read more during the week than on weekends, I thought I'd bring it back to everyone's attention. Follow the link for a laugh.

Let's just say I happened to watch a Lifetime movie, and my eyes nearly popped out of my head from rolling so much.


Meanwhile, it's not every day your diabetes educator buys you a high-fat, delicious lunch. Today I had a cheesesteak, thanks to Gary, and learned more about advanced bolusing features. But Hannah, you say, haven't you been pumping for something like 8 years? Why do you need to learn about that stuff? It's simple--I need to know it. When I got my first pump, nobody I worked with in my medical team seemed interested in tweaking temp basals or combination boluses. When I got my second pump, it was kind of a rocky time for seeing a doctor at all. It was towards the end of college and into my move to Delaware. Besides, the majority of endos, in my experience, are only interested in your pump basics--your regular basals and boluses.

So now, I'll be playing around with temp basal rates, for example a temp rate for eating out at a restaurant, a temp rate for if I drink any alcohol, etc. I'm also going to try and use the combination bolus on a more regular basis. Who eats a lot of pasta and rice? Oh, yes, that'd be me. I think in the next couple of weeks I'll try toying around with Symlin again. I've had excellent results with it in the past. I just have to keep it up!

I was hoping to share some cool news with you all today, but I am still waiting on a phone call that I seemed certain of. Maybe tomorrow. Go read my other post! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:15 PM

    did you get that phone call?? (nosey, aren't I!?)

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use your commenting powers for good, not evil. Excelsior!