George from The B.A.D. Blog tagged me for a meme! I feel loved and lazy because I didn't notice this until today. Haha. Things in my foggy brain are looking up. I have a job interview for a seasonal job on Thursday, a brand new prescription for Wellbutrin, and a fun new toy in my new OneTouch UltraSmart meter. The software just came this week. I can't wait to graph, because I am a nerd.
So the purpose of this meme is to list 5 random facts you may not know about me. I'm sure there's a lot you don't know about me, so this is probably a good place to start!
1. I love proofreading. Honestly, I get a great amount of joy sitting down with a paper, a poem, a manuscript, or a story and just writing all over it with red pen. This is the main reason why I never wanted to be an English teacher. I didn't want to end up with students who hated me. I got into a fight with a high school friend when he asked me to edit a homework assignment, and I gave it back to him covered in marks. He insisted he misspelled everything on purpose. It was artistic! How could I do that to him?! Oddly enough, I worry that as much as I like to edit, my own grammar may need some polishing. Hmmm.
2. My first high school boyfriend called me his "Diabetic Angel", and I wasn't sure how I felt about that.
3. I think Anderson Cooper from CNN is attractive. What's funnier than that is my husband agrees with me. I would also make out with Stephen Colbert.
4. When I was working, one of the best feelings in the world was when I would go to a punk or a hardcore show right after work. There's nothing like standing in a room with a bunch of dirty Delaware scenester kids while wearing a button down shirt and black dress pants, rocking out to a Transistor Transistor song.
5. I've always wanted to write a novel. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it would be about or if I could even carry a story for that many pages. I have also just realized I haven't written a short story in a few years. I can't wait until I get a new computer. I hope to write up a storm.
I'm supposed to tag 5 other people to do this, but I'm going to do it Quaker Meeting style. If the spirit moves you to post this meme in your own blog, go ahead. (But please let me know if you do with a comment here...I wanna read 'em!)
On an unrelated note...how do you start a blog roll? (Kerri? George? Anybody?) I want to start reading more blogs, and I'd like my blog to be a gateway to more of the community. How can I make this possible? Help!
Until next time, take care of yourselves and take some time to nap if you need it. I know I need a nap. *yawn* Of course, I'm sick. But that's another story.